Official Bowling Rules
Updated Rules Early Fall 2021
- Team rosters shall include a minimum of 6 players, including at least 2 of each gender.
- Each string shall be played by 4 players, which shall alternate between strings such that everyone plays at least 1 string. 1 team member of each gender must show up to bowl in at least 1 string. Failure to do so, will result in a 1 string forfeit (1 point) each night.
- The minimum number of players at a match is 3.
- All players must be registered with the League to play with the team. Unregistered substitutes are not permitted. Any team found to be playing with an unregistered player will receive a 100 pin penalty in Each String and the unregistered player will be removed. Multiple Illegal Players will lead to a forfeit. In the Playoffs, any team with illegal players will suffer a forfeit.
- Beginning August 1st, 2021, Teams MUST have 6 PAID spots by the Deadline to participate this Season. If you would like to play with 5, that's fine, but you will need to pay out the 6th spot on your Team. To do so, you can email us at [email protected] and we'll send a single player invoice to pay out the final spot on your Team. Reminder, every player that plays on your Roster MUST be signed up.
- Late Registration: a team may add players to the roster through the Absolute Deadline for each Season.
- Each team shall track the scores on the provided score cards and turn them into the League Manager once the match is completed.
- No handicaps shall be used. The lowest score of each game shall be dropped, and only the top 3 scores shall be tallied to form the team score.
- The winner of match shall be the team that wins best of three in the match. Each game, however, is counted in the Standings as 1 point.
- All equipment, including shoes, shirt, and bowling balls shall be provided by the League at the Alley, however players may use their own shoes or bowling balls.
- Teams must be ready to play and meet game start requirements at the posted game time. We will wait 5 minutes after the scheduled game time, if a team is not ready, the opposing team will be awarded the first string. After 10 minutes, they will be awarded the second string. After 15 minutes, the game will end 3-0.
- If neither team is ready to play, both teams shall forfeit.
- Each team shall play 3 strings of 10 frames each against one opponent. The team with the highest point total will win the game.
- Each team shall play 4 bowlers each string, at least one each gender. If a team only has 3 people show up, or do not have at least 1 of each gender a team can play with 3, but will not drop the lowest score. Whatever the team scores with their 3, in this situation, will be the team's score.
- The top 8 teams (after six weeks of play) will be placed into a seeded single elimination bracket.
- One string will be one game during playoffs.
- If a tie happens, teams will use their 4th Bowler's Score as the tiebreaker.
- If teams do not have 1 team member of each gender show up to bowl in playoffs it will result in a 1 string forfeit which will forfeit the playoffs for that team.